This website (“website”) is operated by Mediating Works Limited (“Company”).
The terms “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” when used in this Privacy Statement means Mediating Works Ltd, which includes both subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under control of Mediating Works Ltd.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Statement means any user of this website.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. If you are not willing to accept these terms please exit the site immediately.
Scope of privacy statement
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. This Privacy Statement describes my current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us from you directly and/or through the website to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable European data protection laws. The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job description, health related data, birthday, e-mail address or mailing address.
notification of changes to this statement
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when my data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Collection of personal data including e-mail addresses
You may choose to use our services and solutions or receive additional information from us. When you request our services and solutions or request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable me to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
Use of personal data
We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
• to contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing;
• to send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
• to send you requested information on my services;
• to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research;
• to use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help improve the services.
We hope you will be delighted with my services. However, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from the electronic mailing list, please e-mail the address given below with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you also wish to be removed from my post marketing database, please let us know by e-mailing us at the address given below with “Mail Unsubscribe” in the subject heading or writing to us at the address given below.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information collected as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of the website. For example, the web server automatically logs which pages of the website visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of the website.
The website contains hyperlinks to other pages on the website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on the website visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables me to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you do not wish to receive cookies please exit this site now.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with the server and to administer the website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (e.g.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge the users’ demographics.
disclosure of your personal data
• In order to provide you with the information or services and solutions which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies, third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
• We will keep your contact details on my database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
• Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other companies within my group of companies or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
• We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting me at the addresses given below.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other websites
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.